Friday, March 28, 2014

Brewer's Log - 3/28/2014

Primary
     None
Secondary
     Neapolitan Ice Cream Stout
          A chocolate milk stout extract kit steeped with chocolate malt grains and cocoa nibs. My plan is to also add strawberries tomorrow after letting the cocoa nibs sit for a week. At bottling I'll add vanilla extract. The idea is to replicate Saugatuck Brewery's Neapolitan Milk Stout.
     Orange Belgian
          A simple Belgian extract kit. I added orange zest and coriander at flameout.
Bottle/Keg Conditioning
     None
Drinkable
     Pumpkin Ale
          This is from Christmas time, and I personally didn't find it all that great. Others did. It's at the end of its life and should be finished off soon.
In Planning
     Cream Ale
          Just a simple all-grain recipe used as an into to all-grain via BIAB. Perhaps an IPA would be a better choice to get my feet wet due to the hops hiding the defects. I think I'd rather notice the defects so I know where I went wrong. I also like adding adjuncts, and cream ales are nice for additions like fruit.
     Raspberry Hefeweizen
          Probably from extract. This is the beer everyone seems to get excited about. Perhaps I should make a double batch? 5 gallons in keg, 5 gallons in bottles?

No comments:

Post a Comment